SUBJECT: Edit or Create a Signature in Microsoft Outlook
DEGREE OF DIFFICULTY: Easy
Here is a simple, quick guide to creating a signature in Microsoft Outlook 2010. Signatures are fantastic for those of us that frequently send, reply or forward email. With a signature, you never have to retype your name and title over and over again; Outlook inserts your signature into your e-mail message automatically!
Let’s Begin the tutorial:
Create a Signature in Outlook 2010
- Open Microsoft Outlook
- Click the FILE tab
- In the Left Hand Menu Find and Click OPTIONS
- In the Left Hand Menu of the Outlook Options Window, Click MAIL
Once in the MAIL Options, Find the Phrase “Create or modify signatures for messages and click the “Signatures…” button (in my version of Outlook, this is the 3rd button down on the right hand side.)
You should now be in the Signatures and Stationery Window. If you are not, please start again at #1 and retry.
If you need to EDIT your signature, please skip down to the section title EDITING YOUR SIGNATURE IN OUTLOOK 2010
If you are creating a NEW Signature, then continue with the following steps:
- On the E-Mail Signature Tab Click the NEW button.
- Type a Name for this Signature.
- In the EDIT Signature area below, Type your desired information and style to your choosing
- When done with creation, click the SAVE button
Now let’s set your signature to your Email account.
Under Default Signature:
- Select the proper Email Account using the Dropdown Menu
- If you want this Signature to appear when you create NEW Messages, then click the Signature name under New messages: using the dropdown menu
- If you want this Signature to appear when you REPLY or FORWARD an email, then click the Signature name under New messages: using the dropdown menu
You can now click “OK” at the bottom of the Signatures and Stationery Window. Click “OK” Again
EDIT a Signature in Microsoft Outlook 2010
If you would like to EDIT your Outlook 2010 Email Signature:
- Navigate to the Signatures and Statioinery Window as described above
- In the section “Select signature to edit” Single Click the signature to edit
- In the “Edit Signature” Window below, alter or make your changes.
- Click the SAVE button above
You are done editing… Click OK and then OK again. Thank you for following along!
350 Web Design